Free French Resources
Jardin Culturel suggestions
French resources and grammar lessons
French resources for free online. Play games or download free audio lessons to your computer or mp3 player and start practicing French instantly.
June 15th 2020
The Jardin is open! We’re restarting our extensive, intensive and individual courses. We’ve moved our classrooms around to make sure that all the government policies on social distancing and hygiene are met. Unfortunately, we’re not able to offer our conversation sessions at the moment, but we’re hoping to do so as soon as possible.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to mail us :).
The Jardin Culturel believes in language learning between teacher and student, face to face and for this reason we don’t offer an expensive « multimedia option » in our courses.
In our opinion the students who are forced to pay additional fees for « language learning through a software » are being forced to waste their money because there are already a lot of French resources already available! If you know of sites that we can add to this list, feel free to tell us. We want to offer our students the maximum possible!
Don't waste money on gimmicks
Many free resources exist to help practice grammar and fix notions in your head. But don’t believe expensive options that promise fluency in a few weeks. Lots of sites can help you grow independently but the best way to get better at talking face to face, is by learning face to face.
Live Lingua Project – Free Web Site
- This project is the internet’s largest collection of free public domain language learning materials. It hosts thousands of free ebooks, audios and videos for over 130 languages from around the world. One of our missions is to make language learning accessible to everybody. Enjoy!
French in Action – Free Web Site
- Produced by Yale University, these video lessons uses the storyline of an American student and a young Frenchwoman’s adventures in Paris to teach the language.
French 1 & French 2 from Carnegie Mellon – Web Site
- The French courses are introductory, interactive video-based courses intended for use by university students and independent learners on the Internet.
Ma France – Web Site
- The BBC offers 24 video lessons that will teach you French.
Duolingo French – Web Site
- A popular free language-learning and crowdsourced text translation platform. As users progress through lessons, they simultaneously help to translate websites and other documents. Check out Duolingo’s iPhone and iPad apps.
Easy French Poetry – iTunes Free
- A French as a second language program, using poetry as a topic for discussion using everyday conversational French.
Francolab – Web Site
- French Canadian site provides resources for language learners and teachers. Includes videos, quizzes, interactive modules, audio-visual presentations, and a wide selection of Canadian programs covering a variety of social and cultural topics.
- Fun, effective lessons for beginners. Provided by the French Ecole.
Le Journal en français facile – iTunes Free – Feed– Web Site
- Nightly news from RFI presented in slowly spoken French to assist you with your comprehension.
- A well-reviewed series of lessons for beginners and those who want to brush up on their French.
- The producers of the very popular Coffee Break Spanish now offer a program that will teach you French.
- These lessons are brought to you by French teachers from Paris. They are best suited for those who already have some beginning French under their belts.
Native French Speech Podcast – iTunes – Web Site
- Listen to interesting conversations between Native French speakers and learn about everyday life in France and cultural French topics
- Program discusses the Weekly News, French grammar, and French expressions in simplified French at a slow pace.
Talk French – Web Site
- A lively introduction to French presented by the BBC.
University of Texas: Français interactif – iTunes Free – Web Site
- UT provides a series of interactive vocabulary lessons. Media can be downloaded from the site.
The Jardin Culturel believes in language learning between teacher and student, face to face and for this reason we don’t offer a pre-paid multimedia option in our courses.
We believe that students who have to pay additional fees for « language learning through a software » are not being given a fair opportunity as there are already a lot of French resources available!
If you know of sites that we can add to this list, feel free to tell us. We want to offer our students the maximum possible!
INTENSIVE FRENCH COURSES
4 TO 8 PEOPLE PER GROUP
2 OR 4 WEEK OPTIONS
A1 – B2
INDIVIDUAL FRENCH COURSES
QUALIFIED, FRIENDLY TEACHERS
INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP
VARIOUS OPTIONS OFFERED
ALL LEVELS WELCOME
EXTENSIVE FRENCH COURSES
2 HOURS A WEEK
Other language courses
If you want to learn a foreign language other than English and French, don’t panic! We’re here to help everybody.
Whether you need to learn Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese or something more exotic we offer individual lessons on request.
What Our Students Say
Being an English language teacher myself, I’m quite picky when it comes to language teachers/courses. However, I absolutely loved my group French courses with Pauline at Jardin Culturel. She is very dynamic in the classroom with a variety of interactive activities and clear explanations. I plan to take her class again.
During a brief 3-month stint in Toulouse I went from speaking roughly 10-20 words of French to now being level A2 and able to understand/converse on a few topics. The classes at Jardin Culturel are a really ideal small size and the teachers are brilliantly able to adapt to your pace and needs while staying within the course topics. There are also speaking classes weekly which act as a forum to practice with people of comparable ability. Evening classes also make it highly ideal for those who work Monday-Friday. Highly recommend Jardin Culturel and would certainly return there if I’m ever in that neck of the woods again.