Flier (or flyer /ˈflajɚ/ )
1 a person or animal that flies
- These birds are graceful fliers.
- Charles Lindbergh was the first flier [=pilot] to fly solo across the Atlantic.
- a fearful/nervous flier [=airplane passenger]
- a frequent flier [=a person who flies often on a particular airline]
U.S. English is flier. British spelling is flyer.
2 A piece of paper that has something printed on it
- An advertisement or an announcement that is given to many people
- They distributed flyers announcing the concert throughout the city.