Assist /əˈsɪst/ verb
1 : to give support or help : to make it easier for someone to do something or for something to happen : help
- The device assists those who can’t climb stairs.
- The President was assisted by his advisers.
- The President was assisted with his speech. = The President was assisted in writing his speech.
- Another doctor assisted with the operation.
- Federal agents are assisting with the investigation.
- She assisted in making the decision.
- The cream assists in the prevention of skin cancer.