Live Lingua Project – Free Web Site
- This project is the internet’s largest collection of free public domain language learning materials. It hosts thousands of free ebooks, audios and videos for over 130 languages from around the world. One of our missions is to make language learning accessible to everybody. Enjoy!
French in Action – Free Web Site
- Produced by Yale University, these video lessons uses the storyline of an American student and a young Frenchwoman’s adventures in Paris to teach the language.
French 1 & French 2 from Carnegie Mellon – Web Site
- The French courses are introductory, interactive video-based courses intended for use by university students and independent learners on the Internet.
Ma France – Web Site
- The BBC offers 24 video lessons that will teach you French.
Duolingo French – Web Site
- A popular free language-learning and crowdsourced text translation platform. As users progress through lessons, they simultaneously help to translate websites and other documents. Check out Duolingo’s iPhone and iPad apps.
Easy French Poetry – iTunes Free
- A French as a second language program, using poetry as a topic for discussion using everyday conversational French.
Francolab – Web Site
- French Canadian site provides resources for language learners and teachers. Includes videos, quizzes, interactive modules, audio-visual presentations, and a wide selection of Canadian programs covering a variety of social and cultural topics.
- Fun, effective lessons for beginners. Provided by the French Ecole.
Le Journal en français facile – iTunes Free – Feed– Web Site
- Nightly news from RFI presented in slowly spoken French to assist you with your comprehension.
- A well-reviewed series of lessons for beginners and those who want to brush up on their French.
- The producers of the very popular Coffee Break Spanish now offer a program that will teach you French.
- These lessons are brought to you by French teachers from Paris. They are best suited for those who already have some beginning French under their belts.
Native French Speech Podcast – iTunes – Web Site
- Listen to interesting conversations between Native French speakers and learn about everyday life in France and cultural French topics
- Program discusses the Weekly News, French grammar, and French expressions in simplified French at a slow pace.
Talk French – Web Site
- A lively introduction to French presented by the BBC.
University of Texas: Français interactif – iTunes Free – Web Site
- UT provides a series of interactive vocabulary lessons. Media can be downloaded from the site.
The Jardin Culturel believes in language learning between teacher and student, face to face and for this reason we don’t offer a pre-paid multimedia option in our courses.
We believe that students who have to pay additional fees for « language learning through a software » are not being given a fair opportunity as there are already a lot of French resources available!
If you know of sites that we can add to this list, feel free to tell us. We want to offer our students the maximum possible!