Spanish resources and grammar lessons
Spanish resources for free online. Play games or download free audio lessons to your computer or mp3 player and start learning Spanish instantly.
Minute Spanish 1 – iTunes
- Self-paced course from University of Arkansas offers a good introduction to Spanish for those who have never studied it before, or a good refresher for those who have. The course focuses almost exclusively on Spanish grammar. If you would like to take a more well-rounded approach to learning Spanish, click here for David Nance’s Spanish textbook, available free for the iPad.
Destinos: An Introduction to Spanish Web Site
- This telenovela, or Spanish soap opera, immerses students in everyday situations and teaches speaking, listening, and comprehension skills in Spanish.
Mi Vida Loca Web Site
- An immersive video mystery set in Spain to help you learn simple Spanish. Created by the BBC.
- Learn Spanish in a low-key, effective way. Currently the #2 overall favorite on iTunes Free.
Duolingo Spanish – Web Site
- A popular free language-learning and crowdsourced text translation platform. As users progress through lessons, they simultaneously help to translate websites and other documents. Check out Duolingo’s iPhone and iPad apps.
Show Time Spanish – Tunes
- Produced by the same folks who created Coffee Break Spanish, this podcast is for intermediate and advanced learners.
Finally Learn Spanish – Beyond the Basics iTunes Free – Feed
- If you’ve had some Spanish classes and you need experience listening to and speaking the language, then Finally Learn Spanish has lessons for you.
- Weekly comprehension and grammar exercises for students of all levels. One of the more popular programs on iTunes.
- If you’re planning a trip to a Spanish speaking country, and if you don’t know the language, this will help get you up to speed.
- Learn to speak Spanish in just 15 minutes per day.
Medical Spanish for Healthcare Providers – Web Site
- This site is presented as a free medical Spanish immersion, with vocabulary including greetings, history, examination, and everyday speech, all with translation and audio. It is designed to be helpful for a variety of medical personnel. Created by a general surgeon turned Spanish teacher.
- Produced by Ben Curtis and Marina Diez, a husband-and-wife team out of Madrid, Spain. Ben is British and Marina is Spanish and they too have built quite a large following for their conversational Spanish lessons, (for beginners, intermediates and advanced students), which promise to teach listeners “real Spanish” the way it is actually spoken every day in Spain.
- Covers the absolute basics of Spanish, focusing on the pronunciation used in most parts of Spain.
- Same as above but focuses on the Spanish spoked across South America.
- “No English is spoken here. These lessons are for the Intermediate and Advanced Spanish Speaker who would like to sharpen their Spanish skills. The fine points of the language will be presented and explored through a variety of topics to include; music, history, culture, food.”
The Jardin Culturel believes in language learning between teacher and student, face to face and for this reason we don’t offer a paid for multimedia option in our courses.
In our opinion the students who are forced to pay additional fees for “language learning through a software” are being forced to waste their money because there are already a lot of Spanish resources already available! If you know of sites that we can add to this list, feel free to tell us. We want to offer our students the maximum possible!